Sullivan County Manuscript Collection 0039
Archives and History Division
Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism
3425 Highway 126, Suite 100
Blountville, Tennessee 37617
Blountville, Tennessee Documents and Photographs, c. 1799-1891 (not inclusive).
Sullivan County Manuscript Collection 0039.
Material in English.
Archives and History Division, Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism, Blountville, Tennessee.
Provenance of this collection is unknown.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Shelia Steele Hunt processed the collection and developed the finding aid in June 2008.
ACCESS AND RESTRICTIONS
There are no restrictions on use of this manuscript collection for research purposes. It is the responsibility of the individual user to ascertain copyright restrictions, obtain permissions and to prepare proper citation and credit statements. The researcher assumes all legal responsibility for observing laws of copyright and common law literary rights.
This collection should be cited as:
Blountville, Tennessee Documents and Photographs, c. 1799-1891. MSS 0039, Archives and History Division, Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism, Blountville, Tennessee.
SCOPE AND CONTENT
This collection contains miscellaneous photographs, documents, correspondence &c pertaining to Sullivan County. Subjects families include Preston, Farris, Anderson, Hamilton, Keesee, Malone, Gookin, King, Shelby, Scott, Cox Hughes, Shelby, Torbett. Places include Blountville Masonic Institute and Sullivan County Courthouse.
Sullivan County (Tenn.)--History, Local--Pictorial works.
Sullivan County (Tenn.)--History.
Sullivan County (Tenn.)--Genealogy.
Farris, Annie C.
Blountville Masonic Institute.
Hamilton, John B.
East Tennessee and Virginia Railroad Company
Crouch, Jesse H.
Malone, Mary Hart
Gookin, H. S.
King, J. P.
King, J. Chalmers
English, John G.
Wood, T. F.
- Photograph (original), Peggie Preston, 1887.
- Photograph (original), Annie C. Farris and brother Frank, undated.
- Photograph (original), Blountville Masonic Institute, 1891.
- Small ledger book on Blountville, Tennessee, undated.
- "Sullivan County, Blountville, Citizens, Homes, and Reminiscenses", by Rhea Anderson.
- "Sale of the William R. Anderson farm", Sullivan County News, undated.
- Thomas Keesee and Lina Newman marriage license, 1862.
- Summons, John B. Hamilton in suit styled, East Tennessee and Virginia Railroad Company vs. Jesse H. Crouch, undated.
- Mary Hart Malone, Widow's Claim for Pension.
- Deposition of H. S. Gookin, J.P. and J. Chalmers King, surveyors of land in 17th Civil District, conveyed by John G. English to T. F. Wood.
- Letter written [Sullivan Co., TN] to Mr. John Bikly, author unknown, undated.
- Affidavit [oath] of Thomas Shelby in Michael Montgomery vs. James King & John Goodson, 1803.
- Notice to take depositions of John Scott, Edward Cox, Job Key and Thomas Hughes, Blountville, Tennessee, 1801.
- Deposition of Thomas Hughes taken at Blountville "in a certain matter of controversy now depending in the Superior Court of Equity for the district of Washington wherein Robt. Allison is the Complainant and Isaac Shelby and others are defendants".
- Deposition of Thomas Hughes, Blountville, 1801.
- Deposition of Job Key, re suit styled Agnes Torbett vs. Alexander Torbett, in the Superior Court of Equity for the District of Washington, 1799.
- Deposition of William Hughes [father of Agnes Hughes Torbett] in suit styled Agnes Torbett vs. Alexander Torbett, Sullivan County, Tennessee, 1799.
Numerous other collections are currently "in processing".
Return to Manuscripts index.