REGIONAL CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Want to find something great to do this weekend, or plan ahead for a group tour? See our Calendar of Events below. There's something for everyone in historic Sullivan County and the entire region... Whether you are interested activities in the great outdoors, or simply want to go to a play or concert, check out our list.
Planning to host an event in the region? Send us an email with the details and we will review for listing on our website and social media, all free of charge! Email info to email@example.com
June 1, 2023 –June Jams- The PF Flyers- Donna's Hotdogs & More Food Truck-Free Event, The Park at The Deery Inn, Blountville, TN 3411 Highway 126 Blountville, Tn 37617
Liberty! The Saga of Sycamore Shoals (Outdoor Drama) - June 2nd 8:00pm- Sycamore Shoals State Hisoric Park 1651 West Elk Avenue Elizabethton, TN
June 3, 2023 - Sara Evans, Doors at 6:30 pm/Show at 7:30 pm. Paramount Bristol, 518 State St., Bristol, TN. Multi-platinum entertainer SARA EVANS is at the top of her game. As the fifth most-played female artist at country radio in nearly the last two decades — her five No. 1 singles include “No Place That Far,” “Suds In The Bucket, “A Real Fine Place To Start,” “Born to Fly,” and “A Little Bit Stronger,” which spent 2 weeks in the top spot and was certified platinum by the R.I.A.A. Sara’s “stunning, country voice” (Rolling Stone) has earned her the prestigious Academy of Country Music Top Female vocalist accolade as well as numerous American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, Country Music Association, CMT and Grammy Awards nominations. For additional information (423) 279-8920
June 6, 2023 – Laurel & Hardy’s Liberty, Doors at 5:30/Show at 6:30 pm. Paramount Bristol, 518 State St., Bristol, TN. Experience 1929 with nearly 2,000 organ pipes, real orchestral percussion and rhythm instruments, and original sound effects in concert PLUS a live on stage Mighty Wurlitzer Musical scoring of Liberty! – Laurel & Hardy’s top rated most comical silent movie, guaranteed to stitch up your funny bone! For additional information (423) 279-8920
June 9-11th NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals- Bristol Dragway 151 Speedway BLVD Bristol, TN
June 13, 2023 – Marcy Playground, Doors at 6:30/show at 7:30 pm. Paramount Bristol, 518 State St., Bristol, TN. Marcy playground is celebrating over 25 years of active touring and recording since their breakthrough hit in 1997 “Sex and Candy”. The band has five worldwide studio albums and an extensive history of tours, film & TV placements and over 130 million streams. Their debut album certified platinum back in 1997, while the radio classic “Sex and Candy” spent a record 15 weeks at #1 on the Billboard Modern Rock chart. Although the album was largely known for that hit it actually sparked a total of three charting singles including “Sherry Fraser” and “Saint Joe on the School Bus” – all three of which were also MTV and VH1 favorites. For additional information (423) 279-8920
June 15, 2023 – Dave Mason, Doors at 6:30 pm/Show at 7:30 pm. Paramount Bristol, 518 State St., Bristol, TN. Dave Mason… singer-songwriter and guitarist. Dave left supergroup Traffic in 1969 to pursue a solo career in the U.S. Dave has penned over 100 songs, has 3 gold albums: Alone Together, Dave Mason, Mariposa De Oro, and platinum album Let It Flow, which contained the top-ten single “We Just Disagree”. For additional information (423) 279-8920
June 17, 2023 – Nightrain, Tribute to Guns N’ Roses, Doors at 6:30 pm/Show at 7:30 pm. Paramount Bristol, 518 State St., Bristol, TN. NIGHTRAIN’S Tribute show to Guns n Roses has been taking the US by storm for years running. Performances have ranged from The House Of Blues, MTVs Famous Club LaVela, The FC Dallas Stadium, to this year’s Carolina Rebellion, sharing the bill with Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, & Buckcherry to name a few. Nightrain continues to make their stamp in today’s ever growing Tribute Market. For additional information (423) 279-8920
June 17, 2023 – Vixen, Doors at 7:00 pm/Show at 8:00 pm. Cameo Theater, 703 State St., Bristol, VA. Vixen was founded in St. Paul, MN by high-schooler guitarist Jan Kuehnemund. The desire to achieve the rock star dreams like so many before her, Jan took her group to Hollywood but soon retooled the line-up, which included; vocalist Janet Gardner, drummer Roxy Petrucci and bassist Share Ross (Pedersen). For additional information (276) 296-1234
June 23 – July 2, 2023 – Charlotte’s Web presented by Kingsport Theatre Guild. (Showtimes vary depending on the day, please contact for more information) Kingsport Renaissance Center, 1200 E Center St., Kingsport, TN. The children’s classic Charlotte’s Web, adapted by Joseph Robinette and based on the book by E.B. White. For additional information (423) 248-2002
TAMHA Traditional Appalachian Music Heritage Association holds jam sessions at 6PM every Friday at the Anderson Townhouse in historic downtown Blountville. Free and open to the general public.
Blountville Ruritan Independence Day Parade - July 4th 2:00pm Rain or Shine. If you want to participate you must be in Patriotic Attire and Decorations, you will line up on Keystone Drive Beyond the Water Dept. Parade Route Blountville Bypass ending at The Historic Sullivan County Courthouse. Happy Independence Day America!
July 14-22nd FunFest - Kingsport, Tennessee Fun Fest - Kingsport, TN - 9 days/50+ locations/100+ events. Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old Deery Inn and Museum. Step back in time as you visit this lovely hidden gem in downtown Historic Blountville! Tours include rooms of beautiful antiques inside the 2-story inn, and visitors will also enjoy seeing the dependency buildings including the old brick kitchen, slave quarters, blacksmith shop and more! A must-see for early Tennessee history! Tickets are $5 per person; suggested donation encouraged by Sullivan County Historic Preservation Association, children under 12 are Free. (423) 323-4660.
- TAMHA Traditional Appalachian Music Heritage Association holds jam sessions at 6PM every Friday at the Anderson Townhouse in historic downtown Blountville. Free and open to the general public. Anderson Townhouse is also home to the Ralph Blizard Museum
- Antique Car Show, Friday nights, 6 PM to 8 PM, May thru October, TriSummit Bank parking lot across from the train station in downtown Bristol. Info at 423.646.7780.
- Blountville Farmers Market, 12 Noon, each Thurs., April through October, located behind the old Sullivan County Courthouse at Blountville. Info at 423.323.4660.
- Cooper's Gem Mine, 11 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday, and 12 Noon to 5 PM on Saturdays, from the 1st of April through October 31. For group tours and information, please call (423) 323-5680. Beginning in October 2015, an online store will be available at coopersgemmine.com and will include natural artifacts.
- Sullivan County Historical and Genealogical Society meets bimonthly at 7PM, 3rd Thursday evening of each month,Sullivan County Department of Archives & Tourism, downtown Blountville. Free admission. General public is cordially invited. (423) 323-4660.
- Sons of the Confederate Veterans, John Singleton Mosby Camp #1409, meets at 6PM, 4th Monday of each month, Mama's House Buffet, John B. Dennis Parkway, Kingsport, TN.
- Sons of Confederate Veterans, Lt. Stephen Powell Camp, meets at 7PM, 3rd Monday of each month, 2nd Floor Commission Room, Sullivan County Courthouse, Blountville.
- Netherland Inn, Open Saturday and Sunday - May through October.
Hours: 2p.m. to 4p.m. Admission: Adults $4.00 and age 6 and under $1.00.
Group Tours: April through October by appointment- School, Civic and Church Groups Welcome!
- Bristol Farmers Market, May 1 thru October 31, Saturdays 7 AM to Noon, and Wednesdays 3 PM to 7 PM.
- Sullivan County Preservation Association, 3rd Thursday of each month, 7pm, Community Center at Blountville.
- Kingsport Farmers Market, 7 AM to 1 PM, Wednesdays and Saturdays, corner of Clinchfield and Center Streets. Info at 423.246.6550.
- Appalachian Ghostwalks, ongoing daily/nightly tours. Reservations required. Interested parties should call (423) 743-WALK (9255) for reservations.
GET YOUR EVENT LISTED HERE! To have your event listed with us, email us or call (423) 323-4660.