REGIONAL CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Want to find something great to do this weekend, or plan ahead for a group tour? See our Calendar of Events below. There's something for everyone in historic Sullivan County and the entire region... Whether you are interested activities in the great outdoors, or simply want to go to a play or concert, check out our list.
Planning to host an event in the region? Send us an email with the details and we will review for listing on our website and social media, all free of charge! Email info to firstname.lastname@example.org
November 04, 2023 - The Healthy Fall Festival, 9:00am-1:00pm - Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee 1020 Jericho Dr. Kingsport, TN Equality Health Foundation is pleased to present its inaugural Healthy Fall Festival and Turkey Giveaway happening Saturday, November 4, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee. The Healthy Fall Festival is a community celebration designed to kick off the holiday season with an abundance of gratitude and thanksgiving. Included will be free immunizations, vaccines and flu shots, health education sessions, mammograms and breast health screenings, diabetes testing, and community resources and information. There will also be a Healthy Bag Giveaway, raffles and a variety of fresh fruit and produce with a frozen turkey. For additional information (423) 279-0430.
November 10, 2023 - Kathy Mattea, Doors: 6:30 pm / Show: 7:30 pm. Paramount Bristol, 518 State Street, Bristol, TN. $47.00 - $87.50 (prices include all applicable fees and taxes) / Members save at least $5 per ticket. Hailed by The Washington Post as “one of Nashville’s finest song interpreters,” Kathy Mattea has enjoyed much success and acclaim during her 35-year career in Country, Bluegrass and Folk music, including 2 Grammy wins, 4 CMA Awards, 4 #1 country singles, and five gold albums (plus a platinum Greatest Hits collection). Her latest album is Pretty Bird, produced by her old friend, roots music wizard Tim O’Brien. The wide-ranging collection of songs chronicles a period of rededication to singing, digging back in with a vocal coach and emerging with a poignant and eclectic CD. For additional information (423) 274-8920
Decemebr 1, 2023 –Christmas Tree Lighting Historic Blountville, Tennessee. 3411 Highway 126 Blountville, TN 37617 6:00pm Sullivan County Mayor Richard Venable and Grandson will light the 30' tree in front of the Historic Courthouse. In keeping with our special tradition, the Victims Rememberance Tree will be lit as well. Joan Berry, with HOPE for Victims will be in attendance; Hope for Victims is a support group for the family of crime victims. We will have Christmas Carols, music, and the Deery Inn will be open for the Festival of Trees Monetary Donations Accepted, proceeds go to Sullivan County Historical Association 501c3 Org.
December 8, 2023 – Appalachian Express Chorus, 7:00 pm. First Baptist Church, 3358 Hwy 126, Blountville, TN. Enjoy the sound of the season and get yourself in the Christmas Spirit by taking in this traditional concert. For additional information (423) 323-4660
Decemebr 9, 2023 –Blountville Ruritan Christmas Parade - Historic Blountville 3411 Highway 126 Blountville, TN 37617 The Parade will begin at 2:00pm Parade Route will begin Keystone Drive area and end at the Historic Sullivan County Courthouse.
December 1, 2, 8, 9, 2023 -Rocky Mount State Historic Site - Candlelight Christmas Tours, Our Christmas Candlelight Tours are always a favorite and a tradition for many of our guests. These tours are a nighttime glimpse of Christmas Eve of 1791 as the Cobb family hosts Governor Blount and his wife. Hear stories in each of the rooms of our historic site that will make you laugh, cry, and think while the candles flicker around you during the season of giving. (423) 538-7396
December 2, 2023 – Kingsport Christmas Parade, 6:00 pm. Kick off the Christmas season in Downtown Kingsport at our nighttime Christmas Parade, 6:00 pm All parade entries are lit with Christmas lights, providing a magical holiday experience. The Kingsport Christmas Parade is sponsored by Eastman Credit Union and will be held on Saturday. You won’t want to miss this iconic event in Downtown Kingsport. Join the community for the Kingsport Christmas Tree Lighting, held at the community tree at historic Church Circle. The tree lighting is sponsored by Bank of Tennessee and will be held on Saturday, December 2nd immediately following the Kingsport Christmas Parade. For additional information (423) 392-8800
December 7, 2023 – Bristol Christmas Parade, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM EST The parade route begins at the intersection of W. State Street and Bob Morrison Blvd. It continues down historic State Street and ends at the intersection of State Street to Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.The parade line-up is on Bob Morrison Blvd. beginning at 5 p.m. The parade starts at 7 p.m. - rain or shine. For additional information (423) 989-4850
December 9, 2023 – Bluff City Christmas Parade, 5:00 pm. Main St, Bluff City, TN. Join us for Christmas fun. Float line up is at 4:00 pm at the Impact Community Center. For additional information (423) 538-7144.
December 8 & 9, 2023 - The Nutcracker, Paramount Bristol, 518 State Street, Bristol, TN. This timeless classic returns to the stage live on December 8th and 9th. Experience the wonder of Clara’s adventure as she helps the Nutcracker break the spell of the evil Rat Queen and goes on a journey through the land of Snow and onward to the Land of Sweets. Danced by local dancers in the Bristol Ballet Company and professional guest artists, including Erin Ginn and Jace Coronoado, who return from New York City to reprise their roles as the Sugar Plum Fairy and her Cavalier. Beautiful music, great dancing, and lovely backdrops will put you in the holiday spirit! For show times and additional information (423)274-8920.
November 17-December 17 - A Christmas Carol, (see website below for show times) Theatre Bristol, State Street, Bristol, TN. Charles Dickens' favorite, "A Christmas Carol," directed by Glenn Patterson, takes the ARTspace stage. Details are available at theatrebristol.org. (423) 212-3625
Regional Christmas Parades:
Abingdon, December 4, 2023 at 6:00 pm
Elizabethton, December 11, 2023 at 6:00 pm
Greenville, December 5, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Johnson city, December 4, 2023 at 10:30 am
Jonesborough, December 11, 2023 at 6:00 pm
- Old Deery Inn and Museum. Step back in time as you visit this lovely hidden gem in downtown Historic Blountville! Tours include rooms of beautiful antiques inside the 2-story inn, and visitors will also enjoy seeing the dependency buildings including the old brick kitchen, slave quarters, blacksmith shop and more! A must-see for early Tennessee history! Tickets are $5 per person; suggested donation encouraged by Sullivan County Historic Preservation Association, children under 12 are Free. (423) 323-4660.
- TAMHA Traditional Appalachian Music Heritage Association holds jam sessions at 6PM every Friday at the Anderson Townhouse in historic downtown Blountville. Free and open to the general public. Anderson Townhouse is also home to the Ralph Blizard Museum
- Antique Car Show, Friday nights, 6 PM to 8 PM, May thru October, TriSummit Bank parking lot across from the train station in downtown Bristol. Info at 423.646.7780.
- Blountville Farmers Market, 12 Noon, each Thurs., April through October, located behind the old Sullivan County Courthouse at Blountville. Info at 423.323.4660.
- Cooper's Gem Mine, 11 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday, and 12 Noon to 5 PM on Saturdays, from the 1st of April through October 31. For group tours and information, please call (423) 323-5680. Beginning in October 2015, an online store will be available at coopersgemmine.com and will include natural artifacts.
- Sullivan County Historical and Genealogical Society meets bimonthly at 7PM, 3rd Thursday evening of each month,Sullivan County Department of Archives & Tourism, downtown Blountville. Free admission. General public is cordially invited. (423) 323-4660.
- Sons of the Confederate Veterans, John Singleton Mosby Camp #1409, meets at 5:30PM, 4th Tuesday of each month, Randall's Restaurant, 120 Old Union Rd, Church Hill, TN.
- Sons of Confederate Veterans, Robert D. Powell Camp, meets at 7PM, 3rd Monday of each month, Rutledge House Community Center, Blountville, TN.
- Netherland Inn, Open Saturday and Sunday - May through October.
Hours: 2pm to 5pm Admission: Adults $4.00 and age 6 and under $1.00.
Group Tours: May through October by appointment- School, Civic and Church Groups Welcome!
- Bristol Farmers Market, May 1 thru October 31, Saturdays 7 AM to Noon, and Wednesdays 3 PM to 7 PM.
- Sullivan County Preservation Association, 3rd Thursday of each month, 7pm, Community Center at Blountville.
- Kingsport Farmers Market, 7 AM to 1 PM, Wednesdays and Saturdays, corner of Clinchfield and Center Streets. Info at 423.246.6550.
- Appalachian Ghostwalks, ongoing daily/nightly tours. Reservations required. Interested parties should call (423) 743-WALK (9255) for reservations.
GET YOUR EVENT LISTED HERE! To have your event listed with us, email us or call (423) 323-4660.