A fun opportunity for young and old alike!
Great music, good food, and a bargain-hunter’s delight!
Looking for a great time? Gotcha covered! Mark your calendars for Sat., Oct. 3, as over 200 vendors have already registered for the Historic Blountville Flea Market and Yard Sale! Vendors include area churches, businesses, non-profit organizations, commercial vendors and private individuals from around the region. Sure to be a bargain-hunter’s delight and fun for the entire family!
Music will be provided by the Nomadz, a Blountville-based band noted across the U.S. for its versatility. Comprised of five musicians and vocalists, the ensemble has been compared to the Doobies and Grateful Dead, but with an Appalachian blues influence of Goose Creek or the Metro Blues Allstars. Headed up by Jim Graybeal, Sonny Leonard, Adam Graybeal, Jason Malone and Travis Arend, the group will delight buyers and sellers alike with some of that 50s-60s rock-and- roll!
A wide array of food will include hot dogs, soup beans and cornbread, funnel cakes, fried oreos, cakes, cookies, homemade breads and more provided by the Blountville Ruritan and other area vendors. Pizza-Plus will be offering specially discounted coupons for pizza. Kids will enjoy face-painting, pony rides and more!
Blountville native, Heather Pugh, will appear among 200 local vendors, artisans
Want to register for vendor space? Better hurry… Spaces are going fast! Spaces are 12’x12’ and the cost is $5 for individuals, $15 for commercial vendors, and churches are free! Everyone must be pre-registered and all tables must be accompanied by an official registration poster issued by the Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism. Vendors with special permits may arrive early for the event; however, shoppers will be permitted to enter the event only after 8 a.m. The event is rain or shine.
The Historic Blountville Flea Market and Yard Sale is sponsored by the Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism on behalf of the Blountville Beautification Project.
- Early registration is required by Sept. 30 by submitting fee to Blountville Beautification Project, P.O. Box 3179, Blountville/TN 37617. Spaces are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Commercial vendor spaces are $15; individual table spaces are $5. Fees are non-refundable and will be donated to the Blountville Beautification Project. Event is rain or shine. Vendors must provide their own tables.
- Each vendor or table will be required to have an official registration permit issued from the Department of Archives and Tourism.
- Churches who wish to participate will not be charged a registration fee if proceeds will be donated solely to the church. All individuals with personal items for sale will be required to pay the registration fee.
- Participants are asked to keep vendors spaces and table spaces neat and clean and as attractive as possible. Empty boxes must be hidden from view. All items must be placed on tables with the exception of furniture or extremely large household items.
Send name, address, email address, phone no., along with Registration Fee to
Blountville Beautification, P.O. Box 3179, Blountville/TN 37617.
For further information, email email@example.com or call 423.323.4660.
Pictured above: The Nomadz. (Picture courtesy of Jim Graybeal, Blountville, TN.)
For information about other events in the area, please see our Events page.